Connect with us

News

West Sussex celebrates Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s new arrival

West Sussex County Council is joining the chorus of celebration at the announcement of the birth of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s first child.

Published

on

Harry and Meghan, Duke and Duchess of Sussex visit Chichester. Pic Steve Robards SR1825095

The baby boy was born at 5.26am yesterday, Monday 6 May, and is seventh in line to the throne after his father.

West Sussex County Council Chairman Janet Duncton said:

“On behalf of the County Council, may I offer our sincerest congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the birth of their first child.

“Their visit last year was a huge spectacle which attracted hundreds of well-wishers and we look forward to welcoming the family to the county again soon.”


Every new child born in West Sussex is entitled to a Gruffalo ‘My first library card’, and to mark the occasion West Sussex Libraries will create one for the Royal Couple’s baby son.

Mrs Susan Pyper, HM Lord-Lieutenant of West Sussex, said:

“I am delighted to hear of the safe arrival of the Duke and Duchess’s new baby son. I know that many people throughout West Sussex will want to join me in sending sincere and warm congratulations to the Duke and Duchess, and our good wishes as they enjoy the excitement of being new parents.”

The Duke and Duchess visited West Sussex in October last year shortly before announcing they were expecting. They visited Chichester, where they were shown the rare Sussex copy of the American Declaration of Independence, which is kept in the West Sussex Record Office. The couple then officially opened the University of Chichester’s Engineering and Digital Technology Park in Bognor Regis and were again greeted by jubilant crowds.

News

‘Blood all over the road’ Stabbing in Broadfield last night only 150 yards from Primary School closes road

The cordon is not expected to be lifted till the afternoon.

Published

on

Police have cordoned off part of Seymour Road in Broadfield as they investigate a stabbing.

It occurred last night only 150 yards from a Primary School.

Officers were informed by ambulance a man had been injured in Seymour Road, Broadfield around 1.25am on Friday (May 24).

The victim, a local man in his 40s, was walking home when he was approached by another man, who had his face covered, and assaulted. He was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.

A scene guard currently remains in place.

Chief Inspector Rosie Ross said:

We would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the assault or thinks they saw the victim either before or after the incident.

“We are relying on witnesses to provide first-hand accounts of the assault which is vital to aid our investigation.

“Serious violent crime in Crawley, which is not associated with other types of criminality, is rare.

“Communities will see an increase in high visibility patrols and we are encouraging witnesses to speak to those officers with any information they have.”

One resident said:

“I live yards from this and didn’t hear a thing last night. There’s blood all over the road!”

Anyone who witnessed the assault or has information on the incident is asked to report online or call 101 quoting Operation Gull.

Continue Reading

Trending