Connect with us

News

‘We thought it was an explosion’ – Dramatic video shows car engulfed in flames following accident in Crawley

Published

on

Photo: Vikkie Ede

Video has captured the dramatic moment a car was engulfed in flames following an accident on the Balcome Road in Crawley last night in Maidenbower.

The video was caught by Vikkie Ede who helps run the Maidenbower Facebook group with John Bower.

Credit: Vikki Ede

Sussex Police along with the fire service were in quick attendance after the two car incident.

Loud bangs were heard as the flames ripped through the car causing some people to think there had been an explosion.

One resident Carol said:

“I heard what sounded like a loud bang. We thought it was an explosion and rushed outside. There were flames everywhere.”

The incident happened around 5pm yesterday (14th Dec).

The fire crew were able to extinguish the fire and an update from Sussex Police is expected shortly.

News

‘Please come forward with information no matter how small’ Police appeal as E-Fit of attempted rape suspect released

Published

on

Police have released an E-fit image of a man sought in connection with the attempted rape of a 17-year-old girl in Crawley.

Between 7pm and 7.15pm on Tuesday (March 9), the teenager was walking her dog along the pathway from Overdene Drive towards the tunnel that runs underneath the A23 and follows on to Quantock Close.

She turned around before the end of the tunnel and walked back along the path to Overdene Drive. As she did so, she crossed paths with a man who grabbed her and attempted to rape her.

The victim was able to break free and shout for help, causing the man to flee the scene in the direction of the tunnel. The victim is being supported by specialist officers. 

The man was described as white, in his late teens to late 30s, 5’ 9” to 5’ 10”, with dark eyes, short dark coloured hair and short dark stubble. He spoke with an eastern European accent and was wearing dark clothing.

Investigating Officer Detective Inspector Allana Hughes said:

“We are appealing for anyone who recognises this man, or anyone who witnessed the sexual assault or any suspicious behaviour at this location around the time of the incident, to make contact with us.

“We would particularly like to hear from people who were in Quantock Close, The Dingle or surrounding roads around this time or anyone who may have dashcam, ring doorbell or CCTV footage which might have captured the suspect fleeing the scene.

“We have increased our patrols in the area and have been conducting house-to-house enquiries alongside investigating any potential lines of enquiry.

“Please come forward to us with any information which you think could help our investigation, no matter how small.”

Information can be passed to Sussex Police online or by calling 101 quoting Operation Stockbridge.

Alternatively, people can get in touch anonymously via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Continue Reading

Trending