Connect with us

News

United Minibuses & Coaches MD says he is ‘standing up for the rights of small businesses’

Mr Rasool has written a full statement explaining his actions.

Published

on

The MD and driver of the coach that was driven onto the pavement and blocked the entrance of the Natwest bank in Crawley has written a full statement about his actions.

 

“I would like to make a statement regarding the recent incident outside the Natwest Crawley branch. I had initially contacted another paper before the incident to explain that I would be doing a silent protest outside the bank due to the following reasons:

– Natwest bank closed my business account without prior written notice after banking with them for nearly 13 years

– Given we are a small business and have built up our reputation over 20 years, we can not survive without our bank account as we have monies coming in and out of the account on a daily basis and need the funds to pay for multiple suppliers and drivers.

– Natwest can not locate the account or the monies within the bank

– I have been going into the bank on a daily basis and have spent numerous hours on the phone trying to find out what has happened. The bank manager has been extremely unhelpful and would not talk to me about the closure which I could not believe after banking with Natwest for nearly 13 years

– As a small business we can not survive without our bank account for even a day, yet a week down the line we do not have any answers and are still completely in the dark. We can not receive any monies into the account and we can not pay suppliers which is catastrophic to our business reputation, which we’ve built up over 20 years.

I would like to let you know that l have been dealing directly with Natwest after they closed the account without any explanation, this lead to us not being able to run the business. As mentioned above the drivers and staff could not be paid and no monies can be accessed to pay suppliers. The bank kept saying they would help but nothing happened and this morning again they said that they could not locate the account and the bank manager would not help or talk to me.

After imploring with Natwest to grant me access to my account, they showed total disregard for the situation and would not give me access to the company savings. I was stunned by their lack of empathy and disregard for the situation, I seemed like another number to them.

After hours and hours on the phone, more complaints online, emails back and forth and more representatives telling me to wait even longer, the stress had reached such a level that caused me to act.
I am not sorry for my actions, my intentions were not to scare or frighten anybody, if I did so I apologise for that. My intentions were to block the door of the bank to stop them operating. Why should they be able to operate when I can’t, let them see what it’s like.

I am a small company standing up for the rights for small businesses who go through this day in day out.”

Regards,
Mumtaz Rasool
Managing Director
United Minibuses & Coaches

Coronavirus

BREAKING NEWS: Coronavirus cases jump 200% in one week across Crawley

Published

on

On Monday 14th Sept the new “rule of six” comes into force across England with news breaking today that children under 12 will not be exempt from it.

The new rules mean people are limited to meeting in groups no larger than six people both indoors and outdoors.

The rule ‘could’ potentially be coming slightly too late as new figures for Crawley reveal a 200% jump in recorded cases in just one week.

People need to realise the harm it can do you without putting you directly in hospital

Data from the UK public health bodies shows that in last week (2nd – 8th Sept) there were 15 NEW cases reported in Crawley. This number does not seem a lot but when compared to the week(s) before it shows a dramatic jump.

In only the previous week there were only 5 new cases reported, with 4 separate days reporting no cases at all.

But in the past week this figure jumped with 8 reported in one day alone.

So far the worst single day for reported cases in Crawley was back on the 28th April when 19 cases were reported in a day.

To date, since recording began there have been 502 cases, with 77 of these resulting in death.

As more parts of the UK are also having to deal with stricter lock down restrictions Crawley remains below the national average of cases per 100,000 at 13. The national average is currently 18.

The towns neighbour, Horsham, saw an even greater rise of 360% with 23 cases reported between 2-8 Sept.

Across the UK an additional 3.497 cases were reported in the past 24 hours, an increase of 36% on the same day a week ago, taking the total to 365,174.

A local doctor, who asked to remain anonymous, said her and her colleagues were very worried about how too many people were downplaying the risk of infection.

“I hear every day some people talking about how the number of people in hospital through Covid are so low so we shouldn’t worry about the number of cases increasing – but we should. People need to realise the harm it can do you without putting you directly in hospital.”

But questions on how the new rules will be enforced are still not clear with new statements released from the Police that talk about ‘engaging, encouraging and explaining’ before even considering taking any action.

A source close to Sussex Police has told Crawley News 24 that there is both confusion and dismay within the ranks about who and how officers are going to contend with issues of larger groups than allowed meeting up, while juggling the increase of daily issues that are returning since the full lockdown.

Another source said they were awaiting a full outline of what powers the police really will have on Monday (14th Sept) before officers would be given full guidance on what they should do.

Sussex Police told Crawley News 24:

“As we start to see a rise in infections it is vitally important that we all follow the regulations and restrictions in place to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

Everyone has a role to play limiting the outbreak by following the regulations, including those about gatherings which will be limited to six people both indoors and outside when the new legislation comes into force on Monday 14 September.

People need to take personal responsibility for their actions, in particular during this heath emergency, and this includes adhering to the latest government guidance.

Sussex Police will continue its approach of engaging, encouraging and explaining the current regulations and only taking enforcement action when necessary. “

Only 1 week after schools reopen, a couple of weeks after a house party alarmed residents in the town, (and Crawley Council confirming they were investigating the event), and new rules coming into force, all eyes will now be set to see just how well the town responds to the new measures and whether the rise is just a ‘blip’ or if it is a sign of a returning rise.

Continue Reading

Trending