Connect with us

News

Trust thanks staff, volunteers & partners ahead of NHS 70th anniversary

The National Health Service is marking 70 years since its formation tomorrow (5 July) & SECAmb are sending their thanks.

Published

on

South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SECAmb) would like to thank staff and volunteers, past and present, for their dedication and care as the NHS celebrates its 70th anniversary (Thursday 5 July).

The Trust would also pays tribute to all its NHS colleagues and partner organisations for their commitment to patients, day-in, day-out.

More news:

SECAmb staff and volunteers are involved in a variety of celebrations including a Garden Party at Westminster Abbey, special NHS parkruns across the region and featured in a special NHS 70 dedicated episode of Songs of Praise on the BBC.

The ambulance service has come a long way since its early days. Formed of Kent, Sussex and Surrey ambulance services in 2006, South East Coast Ambulance now employs more than 3,300 staff and handles in the region of 1 million 999 calls each year. Its NHS 111 staff in the area handle another 1 million calls each year.

Serving a resident population of close to five million, ambulance crews travel approximately 15 million miles each year. Its gender split is 49% female and 51% male and 89% of staff are directly engaged in responding to patients.

SECAmb Chief Executive Daren Mochrie said:

“I’m extremely proud to lead SECAmb and to be a part of the NHS celebrating 70 years. The ambulance service is a vital part of an amazing NHS which has helped or will help every single one of us at some point in our lives.

“While SECAmb may have come a long way since the early days of the ambulance service, I know that one thing remains constant and that is the dedication and care provided by staff and volunteers. I would like to thank every single one of them for their continued hard work.

“I’d also like to praise the support provided by their families. Being the support for someone working for the ambulance service is not an easy task, so thank you to them for everything they do. Finally I’d like to thank all NHS staff and our emergency service partners for their efforts to ensure our patients receive the care they need.

“It’s right that we celebrate this anniversary with pride and look forward to developing further as a service in the years and decades to come.”

Keep up to date with all the latest news.

Follow us on:

Twitter: @crawleynews24

Facebook: Crawleynews24

listen live

News

Northgate man sentenced to 18 years for sexual assaults on 10-year-old girl

A Crawley man has been given an 18-year-prison sentence for sexual assaults on a young girl.

Published

on

John Cole, 33, a mechanic, of Oak Way, Crawley, was sentenced at Hove Crown Court on Friday (11 October) having been found guilty after a five-day trial, of two offences of rape and four offences of engaging in sexual activity, against the 10-year-old girl between 2017 and 2018.

He will also be a registered sex offender for life.

Detective Constable Kirstie Prentice of the West Sussex Safeguarding Investigations Unit said;

“Cole came to know the young girl over a period of time and systematically sexually abused her, taking advantage of her age and natural vulnerability for his own sexual gratification, telling her her that if she told anyone they would both go to prison.

“Only when her mother found a note hidden in a backpack in the girl’s bedroom revealing she had been assaulted by him did the offending come to light, and police were informed.

“She has very bravely supported the investigation throughout and gave evidence against Cole in court, with special measures including a screen to help her.”

Continue Reading

Trending