Connect with us

News

Travellers move in to Forge Wood

Published

on

Residents in Forge Wood have awoken to find a large contingent of travellers camped on private land next to the Primary School.

Police visted earlier in the day to speak to the travellers and a local resident said that action had been taken to ensure the appropriate measures were being taken to move them off the land.

A spokesperson for Crawley Borough Council said:

“It’s private land. As far as we’re aware private bailiffs have been notified and the community have been served notice.

If they’re still there tomorrow I anticipate enforcement action will be taken.”

News

Update on man found unconscious in Memorial Gardens, Crawley

Published

on

Police have released an update after a man was found unconscious in Memorial Gardens, Crawley on Wednesday 9th Oct.

A man found slumped face down amd unconscious near a bench on the north side of Memorial Gardens, Crawley, at 8.21am on Wednesday (9 October) had sustained a head injury, the cause of which is being investigated by police.

Officers are conducting enquiries to establish if another person was involved and are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the man earlier that morning or who noticed anything suspicious.

The man, aged 47 and of no fixed address, was flown by air ambulance to St George’s Hospital in Tooting, suffering from a life-threatening condition.

He is currently in intensive care.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Sussex Police online or phone 101, quoting serial 274 of 09/10.

Continue Reading

Trending