Connect with us


Police still searching for robbery suspect as two teenagers hand themselves in

Police are still seeking to identify this man in connection with a robbery at Handy Corner Off Licence in East Park, Crawley, about 4.10pm on Friday 18 January.



One suspect entered the store and asked the cashier for change, but was refused.

He left the premises and two further suspects entered. One walked to the back of the store and the other sprayed a fire extinguisher in the face of the cashier.

During the melee, two low-value bottles of alcohol were stolen.

All three suspects then ran off in the direction of the town centre.

Two people – a 17-year-old boy and a 18-year-old man, both from Crawley – handed themselves in following a Sussex Police appeal on social media.

They were arrested on suspicion of robbery and theft, and have since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.

Police are now appealing for anyone who saw what happened, or who recognises the outstanding suspect, to report it online or call 101, quoting serial 769 of 18/01.

Alternatively, you can visit the Crimestoppers website or contact the independent charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.


Crawley Man who was trying to guide youths away from crime jailed for causing serious injury by dangerous driving

A man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after pleading guilty to casing serious injury by dangerous driving following a collision in Horley in September 2018.



Iqubal Khan, 35, also pleaded guilty to failing to stop and failing to report an injury collision when he appeared at Guildford Crown Court on 4 February.

Khan was also disqualified from driving for three years and nine months.

Khan was driving along Shipley Bridge Lane around 6.10pm on 23 September 2018 when his car, a Toyota Corolla, was involved in a head-on collision with a Range Rover Sport.

He fled the scene immediately following the collision, leaving one of his passengers behind with serious leg injuries. He also failed to report the collision.

It later emerged that the car he was driving was also dangerously overloaded with excess passengers, with four adults squashed on the rear seat.

The other driver escaped uninjured, while the other passengers suffered minor injuries as a result of the collision.

Only recently Khan had expressed how much he wanted to help change the corrupt course of youngsters lives that drugs and knifes had put them on.

Khan was arrested on 29 November 2018 after officers tracked him down through DNA left in the vehicle when he fled.

Sergeant Geoff Longstaff, who investigated the collision, said:

“Not only was Khan driving dangerously at the time of the collision, his car was also excessively overloaded. He then fled the scene, not even bothering to check whether his passengers were unharmed. One of his passengers sustained serious leg injuries and is still suffering with the effects of the collision to this day.

“It didn’t take long to find out he had been driving, thanks to statements from his passengers and the other driver, and now he is off our roads and in prison where he belongs for the complete lack of regard and remorse he has shown.”

Sgt Longstaff added:

“The sentence handed to Khan demonstrates our determination to ensure that those who use Surrey’s roads dangerously and irresponsibly and put the lives of others at risk when they get behind the wheel, will be dealt with robustly.”

Continue Reading