Connect with us

K2

I’m A Celebrity star Fleur East to showcase K2 Crawley at this Saturdays FREE family Open Day

World silver medalist diver, Matty Lee will also be there to help coach a diving session.

Published

on

I’m A Celebrity star and world silver medallist diver on hand at the K2 Crawley for the free family Open Day on 16th March.

Singer and songwriter, Fleur East, will be at the K2 Crawley from 10:30am to meet and greet the public and help showcase the centre’s fantastic facilities.

Fleur East, X Factor 2014 runner-up, said:

“I’m really excited to have been invited to the Open Day at the K2 Crawley. I can’t wait to see everyone and share my experiences of fitness and what it means to me.”

World silver medallist and Tom Daley’s diving partner, Matty Lee, will be helping the Everyone Active team coach a diving session.

Matty Lee, European silver medallist, said:

“I’m really looking forward to coaching the young divers in Crawley and meeting the local community. Sport has meant so much to me and my family and I hope I can inspire another young diver because diving can lead to fantastic opportunities.”

Throughout the day, the local community are invited to take part in a range of exciting activities that are taking place throughout the centre including trampolining, table tennis and swimming. All activities kick off at 10am and will run until 3pm, for more information please visit www.everyoneactive.com/k2open

Darryl Keech, Everyone Active contract manager, said:

“We’re so pleased to have Fleur and Matty at the centre for our Open Day.

“Fleur impressed everyone while she was in Australia with her determination and her promotion of body positivity so we’re excited to show her the fantastic facilities in Crawley.

“Matty is a young diver who has shown a lot of potential and we know that he will impress the divers on our programme.

“I can’t wait to see everyone come down to the centre and experience all of the free activities we have on offer at the centre through the day.”

Councillor Peter Lamb, Leader of Crawley Borough Council, said:

“Crawley has a proud sporting legacy and with the ongoing improvements at K2 Crawley and other facilities, Crawley Borough Council is committed to ensuring that legacy stretches through the whole of our community. So come along and get active at K2 Crawley.”

K2

Ronnie O’Sullivan critical ‘again’ of K2 Crawley

Last year he described it as a ‘hellhole’ and this year he is still not impressed.

Published

on

Speaking to reporters the snooker player who only just managed to get through the first round was highly critical of the towns sports venue.

O’Sullivan reportedly said:

“It hasn’t changed as far as I’m concerned.’

‘You’d have to do a lot to change this place, wouldn’t you? You’d have to do an overall refurb on this place, but I’m not surprised, it is what I expected it to be.

I’ve just gone from the match table to a squash court to a toilet, where the player’s office is, to outside the building, in the rain, to get round here to do interviews, so I’ll probably end up with a bit of pneumonia on top of the cold which I’ve already got.”

He even joked that:

“Every day in Crawley is a day lost in my life.”

But the player has received backlash from the towns leaders and residents with Crawley MP Henry Smith saying:

“I believe it is the second year he has done this, he would be better concentrating on his snooker than mouthing off cheap lines.”

One local resident from Tilgate summed up their feelings of the snooker player saying:

“Who is he?”

A spokesperson from the English Open said:

“After last year’s English Open in Crawley we gathered feedback from the players, fans and officials and the overall feedback was that it is an excellent venue.

Based on this feedback we have made some changes to the layout this time in order to improve the experience for the players, including a new quiet lounge for the players and an improved practice facility. We are happy to be working with the K2 venue building the English Open into a great event.

The atmosphere in the arena on the opening day on Monday was excellent and we look forward to more support from the people of Crawley throughout the week.”

Continue Reading