Connect with us


Empty desks, large queue & 30 min wait. Crawley Councillors experience of Post Office inside WHSmith



It has been a very controversial move ever since the day it was announced.

Plagued with protests from locals, a survey that appeared to serve no purpose and loss of long serving staff, the move by the Post Office to leave The Boulevard and set up within WHSmith was never going to be an easy one.

Only a little while ago did we report on customers unable to use teh ‘Self Serve’ tills because…there were no staff…

Well now the problems seem to be continuing as a Councillor for Crawley Borough Council, Peter Smith, who also happens to be the Cabinet Member for Planning and Economic Development for the town, experienced.

Tweeting a photo of the empty desks he wrote:

After gathering more information Mr Smith explained that whilst he did see staff there they were all occupied within the travel money area.

After a long wait Mr Smith was eventually served by another staff member who then helped him check in a parcel at the self serve area.

But according to the Post Office, this bad experience was only due to a single member of staff being ill.

A Post Office Spokesperson said:

“We would like to apologise to Mr Smith for his experience at Crawley Post Office yesterday. Unfortunately we were temporarily short a member of staff due to illness which may have contributed to a slightly longer wait time than usual. Staffing and service has resumed as normal today.”

How has your experience been with the Post Office in town? Let us know, email us at


Update on man found unconscious in Memorial Gardens, Crawley



Police have released an update after a man was found unconscious in Memorial Gardens, Crawley on Wednesday 9th Oct.

A man found slumped face down amd unconscious near a bench on the north side of Memorial Gardens, Crawley, at 8.21am on Wednesday (9 October) had sustained a head injury, the cause of which is being investigated by police.

Officers are conducting enquiries to establish if another person was involved and are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the man earlier that morning or who noticed anything suspicious.

The man, aged 47 and of no fixed address, was flown by air ambulance to St George’s Hospital in Tooting, suffering from a life-threatening condition.

He is currently in intensive care.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Sussex Police online or phone 101, quoting serial 274 of 09/10.

Continue Reading