Connect with us

Lifestyle

Crawley’s McDonald’s Drive Thru to reopen next week but with spending limit

Published

on

It may be the news some across the town have been waiting for, the return of a favourite fast food outlet.

From the 2nd June McDonald’s is to begin opening their Drive Thru outlets across the country.

Each morning from the 2nd they will announce which outlets are to open with all Drive Thru restaurants to be opened by the 4th June.

In addition, other outlets which can cater for deliveries will also slowly begin to reopen.

The only limitations will be a spending cap of £25 per car. Naturally although they may be reopening they will only be serving food through the Drive Thru and not the actual restaurants themselves.

Whilst the opening date of the West Green and Gatwick sites have not yet been officially announced there are unconfirmed reports suggesting West Green may open on the 3rd June.

A spokesperson for McDonalds said:

“We can today announce that by 4th June, 1019 of our restaurants will have reopened, either for Drive Thru or McDelivery.

“This means every Drive Thru in the UK and Ireland will reopen between Tuesday and Thursday next week and we will start to expand the availability of McDelivery too.

This is only possible following the hard work of the teams in our 44 pilot restaurants.

“Over the last fortnight, our employees, franchisees and suppliers have worked tirelessly to implement new procedures to enable safe working so that we can now help all parts of the UK and Ireland to enjoy the return of the Big Mac.

“In the last week, on occasion, we have taken the decision to close drive-thru lanes where demand has impacted local communities or the safety of our people or customers. 

“We will continue to work with local authorities and the police as we extend our reopening plans.

“With smaller teams, we will still be offering a limited menu over reduced hours, and we ask that you make contactless payments and limit your spend to £25.”

Business

Nervous time for Crawley & Gatwick Pret A Manger shops as chain announces closure of 30 shops and at least 1,000 job losses

Published

on

Pret A Manger is to close 30 of its shops as it struggles to cope with the problems caused by COVID-19.

According to the food chain they had faced ‘significant operating losses’ during lockdown.

The closure puts around 1,000 jobs at risk and the chain has said it will make these closures before the end of this year whilst also reducing staff in its other locations.

Crawley has one Pret A Manager within The Martletts with several others located within Gatwick Airport itself.

It is not yet clear which shops will close but with jobs cuts to come across its shops it will be a very nervous time for Crawley’s shop staff to see if they are affected in any way.

Continue Reading

Trending