Connect with us

News

Crawley woman sentenced for persistent anti-social behaviour

Published

on

A woman whose behaviour had been causing persistent distress to shoppers, residents and businesses in Crawley town centre has now been sent to prison, following action taken by local police officers.

On Tuesday 28 April, Louise Duffell, 29, of Caburn Court, Crawley, was convicted of breaching her Community Protection Notice (CPN) in the town centre within five hours of it being served on her.

The Community Protection Notice was issued to her by the police on Monday morning 27 April, to last for 12 months.

It prohibited Duffell from behaving in a manner likely to cause harassment and distress to any other person, not to sit, lay or loiter or to be found drunk, in the town centre.

But less than five hours later she was threatening to spit on a member of the public, and was located in the Memorial Gardens, drunk and hiding in a bush. When she was arrested for breaching her Notice and common assault on a passer-by who objected, she began shouting and swearing with several people including children within earshot resulting in her being warned by officers. She continued shouting and was also arrested for threatening behaviour.

Duffell appeared at Crawley Magistrates Court the next morning and after pleading guilty to all three offences was given a 40-week custodial sentence.

PC Paul Nye said:

“We issued the CPN to try to curb Duffell’s increasingly frequent and unpleasant anti-social behaviour and alcohol use in the town centre, which was upsetting the local community. However it then became to necessary to take her to court and this has at last given people some relief from her conduct, and has also given her a chance to reflect and seek some assistance.”

Food

Crawley restaurant, Mio Gusto launches 50% off for residents and front line workers

Published

on

Whilst COVID-19 still causes disruption across the town, one local restaurant owner has taken the decision to offer residents and front line workers a huge 50% off on their menu.

While the government launched the ‘Eat out to Help out’ scheme, the new Mio Gusto was still under renovation which meant potential customers were unable to take advantage of the scheme. Now owner Yashar Koksal, owner of Mio Gusto, has taken the decision to give his customers an even better scheme to promote and offer their whole menu at an even greater discount of 50% off all food (drinks not included).

Crawley Mayor Francis Guidera officially opens Mio Gusto.

The Pizzeria has already gained rave reviews from customers since it was opened by Crawley Mayor Francis Guidera.

Executive Chef Yasar Koksal is working alongside his Head Chef Francesco Furrielo to create the exciting menu.

Head Chef Francesco Furriello preparing some homemade mouth watering Italian pasta.( pappardelle fiiletto di manzo e pecorino cheese , Tagliolini al granchio e pomodorini siciliano)

But Mio Gusto is a much more exciting concept than a traditional Pizzeria. It’s elegant menu has taken customers by storm with dishes you would usually expect to find in a Michelin Star venue.

The relaxed setting of the restaurant based underneath Rhythm Nightclub at 107 High Street, Crawley, has been completely redesigned with an elegant style that, even with the social distancing rules, still makes you feel comfortable and engaged with the ambience.

Mr Koksal said:

“It is vital that we keep our local economy moving and don’t just give up. This is why I am launching this offer to everyone.”

The offer is open to any customers and applies to all their food, starters, mains and deserts.

Mr Koksal said that the offer will be reviewed for residents after two weeks, but will remain in place for all front-line workers till the end of the year.

Mio Gusto is open seven days a week from 12pm to 10pm with last orders at 9.

Sittings are available at 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and 8pm.

To make a reservation call 01293 514120 or go to www.miogusto.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending