Connect with us

News

Crawley School evacuated after claims of explosive device

Hazelwick School in Three Bridges was evacuated this morning after receiving the claim in an email.

Published

on

Police responded to a claim that an explosive device had been placed at Hazelwick School in Crawley.

The claim was made in an email received overnight and opened as office staff arrived on Monday morning (January 7).

The school took the decision to evacuate while the premises were searched.

The children were held outside for over thirty minutes but the school resumed its normal activities shortly afterwards.

The school sent out a letter to parents and carers following the incident saying:

“This morning we received an external email which required us to seek police advice and guidance. To ensure the safety of our school community during this process, we took the decision to relocate students and staff to the astroturf for a short period of time.

Following a police presence on the school site, we were assured that the normal school day could be resumed.

As always during fire drill procedures, our students’ behaviour this morning was exemplary.

The email has similarities with those received at other schools across the UK over the last year and are being treated as malicious hoaxes.

Any parents concerned about their children should contact the school they attend or the local education authority for further advice and information while the matter is further investigated.

Schools receiving similar emails should contact police online at https://www.sussex.police.uk/contact/af/contact-us/ or call 101. In the case of any other threat, contact police on 999.

Food

Crawley restaurant, Mio Gusto launches 50% off for residents and front line workers

Published

on

Whilst COVID-19 still causes disruption across the town, one local restaurant owner has taken the decision to offer residents and front line workers a huge 50% off on their menu.

While the government launched the ‘Eat out to Help out’ scheme, the new Mio Gusto was still under renovation which meant potential customers were unable to take advantage of the scheme. Now owner Yashar Koksal, owner of Mio Gusto, has taken the decision to give his customers an even better scheme to promote and offer their whole menu at an even greater discount of 50% off all food (drinks not included).

Crawley Mayor Francis Guidera officially opens Mio Gusto.

The Pizzeria has already gained rave reviews from customers since it was opened by Crawley Mayor Francis Guidera.

Executive Chef Yasar Koksal is working alongside his Head Chef Francesco Furrielo to create the exciting menu.

Head Chef Francesco Furriello preparing some homemade mouth watering Italian pasta.( pappardelle fiiletto di manzo e pecorino cheese , Tagliolini al granchio e pomodorini siciliano)

But Mio Gusto is a much more exciting concept than a traditional Pizzeria. It’s elegant menu has taken customers by storm with dishes you would usually expect to find in a Michelin Star venue.

The relaxed setting of the restaurant based underneath Rhythm Nightclub at 107 High Street, Crawley, has been completely redesigned with an elegant style that, even with the social distancing rules, still makes you feel comfortable and engaged with the ambience.

Mr Koksal said:

“It is vital that we keep our local economy moving and don’t just give up. This is why I am launching this offer to everyone.”

The offer is open to any customers and applies to all their food, starters, mains and deserts.

Mr Koksal said that the offer will be reviewed for residents after two weeks, but will remain in place for all front-line workers till the end of the year.

Mio Gusto is open seven days a week from 12pm to 10pm with last orders at 9.

Sittings are available at 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and 8pm.

To make a reservation call 01293 514120 or go to www.miogusto.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending