Connect with us


Crawley Post Office closed after robbery attempt

A date for the branch to reopen has not been set yet.



Customers expecting to use the Post Office on The Boulevard (10th Dec) will have to make alternative arrangements after an attempted robbery.

The bungled attempt happened in the early hours of Sunday (9th Dec) morning.

Luckily no-one was in the branch at the time and whilst some minor damaged occurred nothing was taken.

The Post Office say that in order to ensure repairs are made and the site is secure they are keeping the branch closed.

More news: Kids go FREE on the buses this Christmas

A Post Office Spokesperson said:

“ We’re very sorry to our customer that Crawley Post Office, located on The Boulevard, is currently closed. Unfortunately , there was an attempted robbery in the early hours of Sunday morning. Luckily, no one was in the branch at the time and nothing was taken. We are now working to repair some minor damage and we appreciate our customers’ patience while we work to reopen the branch as soon possible – once again, we’re really sorry for the inconvenience.”

The branch has been the subject of controversy recently with the proposed move to WHSmiths within County mall – something highly objected to by residents and council leaders.

The Post Office reopened on Tues 11th Dec.


Former Surrey man who now resides in Crawley sentenced for online offences

A 28-year-old man has been given a suspended sentence for inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.



Adam O’Sullivan, of Hunter Road, Crawley, O’Sullivan believed he was talking to a 14-year-old girl but was actually speaking to an investigating officer posing as a teenage girl on Kik messenger.

In May 2016 while living in Weybridge, O’Sullivan used the messaging app to entice the 14-year-old girl he thought he was speaking to, to send indecent images of herself to him. He also sent indecent images of himself.

During their conversation he knew the user was underage but continued to request for various indecent images, they even discussed meeting up.

He was also in various online groups that were sharing indecent videos and images of children.

O’Sullivan was charged with attempting to incite a child to engage in sexual activity and three counts of making indecent images of a child in July 2018. He initially pleaded not guilty to all charges at Guildford Crown Court but changed his plea to guilty just before trial in February. He was sentenced today (18 March), to 22 weeks in custody, suspended for 18 months.

O’Sullivan was also given a seven-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order.

DC Rene Murdoch said:

“Thankfully O’Sullivan was talking to the police instead of an innocent child and no one was hurt.

“Due to our undercover work we were able to identify an offender, and he will now be prevented from having contact with young persons and restrictions in place around his use of computers and the internet.

“We work tirelessly in Surrey to keep people safe from sexual offenders who pose a risk to children. Some of this work isn’t always visible but rest assured it goes on.”

Surrey Polices top tips:

We strongly advise to turn privacy settings on your social media accounts on to prevent messages and requests from strangers.

Do not accept requests from someone you don’t know.

Never give your personal details or send images of yourself to someone online.

Continue Reading