Nicholas Orloff, 40, from Birkdale Drive, Crawley, was charged with four counts of stalking involving serious alarm or distress following a complex Sussex Police investigation.
Police were first alerted to the torrent of messages from Orloff in July 2017 when one of the victims reported the harassment to Sussex Police.
The woman, in her 50s from Arundel, had received private messages from a number of fake social media accounts stating they knew where she lived and threatened to kidnap her son.
Orloff then started posting public messages about the victim on the same fake accounts. The second victim, a London woman in her 40s, saw one of these messages and told Sussex Police she too had been sent harassment messages for six months from the same profile.
On 26 July 2017, Orloff was arrested at his home address and officers seized the computers from the premises. He was released under investigation and the enquiries continued.
After painstaking research and investigation, officers were able to trace two more victims who had been sent malicious messages by the defendant; a woman living in Scotland and a woman from Crawley.
Detective Sergeant David Midgley of Chichester Investigations said:
“Orloff went to extreme lengths to try and slip under the radar with these messages.
“He created dozens of fake profile accounts and used technology to disguise his IP computer address to make it harder for someone to trace where the messages were coming from.
“The messages Orloff sent to his victims contained horrendous insults and were of a sexual nature.
“He caused a huge amount of distress and anxiety for his victims, resulting in each of them making adjustments to their day-to-day lives in a bid to prevent any further messages.
“Each of the victims aided us with our investigation and I would like to commend their bravery throughout the court proceedings.”
Orfloff pleaded guilty to each of the offences and appeared at Lewes Crown Court on Tuesday 30 October.
He was given a two year suspended sentence, a rehabilitation order and a restraining order on all four victims.
Appeal for help after five masked robbers force way into home in Crawley
Detectives in Crawley are seeking information about a violent attack at a home in Pound Hill.
At 3,30pm on Thursday 22 November the occupants of the house in Punch Copse Road, answered the door, and were confronted with five men with their faces covered who threatened the occupants and forced their way into the house.
They stole a quantity of cash and a box containing some cutlery before leaving the address and making off in a car which was parked nearby.
All the suspects are described as black, and were wearing dark coloured clothing.
One of the occupants, a 37-year old woman, was knocked to the floor during the attack and sustained bruising and a shoulder injury for which she was treated at East Surrey Hospital.
Detective Constable Mark Buckley said;
“We have been making extensive local enquiries and are still seeking witnesses who were in the area that afternoon, particularly around Punch Copse Road or surrounding roads, and including anyone who was using dashcam in their own car at the time.”
If you have any information please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting serial 904 of 22/11.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.