Connect with us


‘Blood all over the road’ Stabbing in Broadfield last night only 150 yards from Primary School closes road

The cordon is not expected to be lifted till the afternoon.



Police have cordoned off part of Seymour Road in Broadfield as they investigate a stabbing.

It occurred last night only 150 yards from a Primary School.

Officers were informed by ambulance a man had been injured in Seymour Road, Broadfield around 1.25am on Friday (May 24).

The victim, a local man in his 40s, was walking home when he was approached by another man, who had his face covered, and assaulted. He was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.

A scene guard currently remains in place.

Chief Inspector Rosie Ross said:

We would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the assault or thinks they saw the victim either before or after the incident.

“We are relying on witnesses to provide first-hand accounts of the assault which is vital to aid our investigation.

“Serious violent crime in Crawley, which is not associated with other types of criminality, is rare.

“Communities will see an increase in high visibility patrols and we are encouraging witnesses to speak to those officers with any information they have.”

One resident said:

“I live yards from this and didn’t hear a thing last night. There’s blood all over the road!”

Anyone who witnessed the assault or has information on the incident is asked to report online or call 101 quoting Operation Gull.


Man arrested for possession of weapon & suspicion of affray after Broadfield Barton incident in Crawley

Whilst enquiries are still on-going and any victims are to be identified police have stepped up patrols in the area.



Around 2.20pm on Thursday 20 June, police received reports of a large altercation involving people with weapons at Broadfield Barton in Crawley.

Police responded and carried out a search of the area, assisted by the National Police Air Service helicopter.

This led to the arrest of a man in nearby Regents Close shortly afterwards.

Police increased high visibility patrols in the area following the incident, which is believed to be isolated, and enquiries are ongoing.

No victims have been identified at this stage.

A 32-year-old man, of no fixed address, arrested on suspicion of affray and possession of an offensive weapon, currently remains in police custody.

Anyone who saw what happened is asked to report it online or call 101, quoting serial 770 of 20/06.

Continue Reading