Connect with us


Arson attack in Broadfield, Crawley

Police and West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were called to the incident which left a car ‘100 per cent’ damaged.



Crawley Police and West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were called to Carman Walk in Broadfield late last night (25 June) after reports of a small vehicle fire.

One fire engine was sent to the incident just before midnight last night where an SUV was alight. The car was left ‘100 per cent damaged’ by the fire.

More news: Warning about open water dangers after man was found dead in a lake

A spokesperson from West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service said:

“The fire service received a report of a small vehicle fire in Carman Walk, Crawley at 23.55pm last night (June 25). One fire engine sent to the scene, where a car was well alight.

“It was 100 per cent damaged by fire following the incident. Crew left the scene at 12.42am. Police were also in attendance.”

Police posted on Twitter they are investigating and are treating the incident as ‘arson’.

Anyone with any information is being urged to contact Crawley Police.

Keep up to date with all the latest news.

Follow us on:

Twitter: @crawleynews24

Facebook: Crawleynews24

listen live


Crawley Man who was trying to guide youths away from crime jailed for causing serious injury by dangerous driving

A man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after pleading guilty to casing serious injury by dangerous driving following a collision in Horley in September 2018.



Iqubal Khan, 35, also pleaded guilty to failing to stop and failing to report an injury collision when he appeared at Guildford Crown Court on 4 February.

Khan was also disqualified from driving for three years and nine months.

Khan was driving along Shipley Bridge Lane around 6.10pm on 23 September 2018 when his car, a Toyota Corolla, was involved in a head-on collision with a Range Rover Sport.

He fled the scene immediately following the collision, leaving one of his passengers behind with serious leg injuries. He also failed to report the collision.

It later emerged that the car he was driving was also dangerously overloaded with excess passengers, with four adults squashed on the rear seat.

The other driver escaped uninjured, while the other passengers suffered minor injuries as a result of the collision.

Only recently Khan had expressed how much he wanted to help change the corrupt course of youngsters lives that drugs and knifes had put them on.

Khan was arrested on 29 November 2018 after officers tracked him down through DNA left in the vehicle when he fled.

Sergeant Geoff Longstaff, who investigated the collision, said:

“Not only was Khan driving dangerously at the time of the collision, his car was also excessively overloaded. He then fled the scene, not even bothering to check whether his passengers were unharmed. One of his passengers sustained serious leg injuries and is still suffering with the effects of the collision to this day.

“It didn’t take long to find out he had been driving, thanks to statements from his passengers and the other driver, and now he is off our roads and in prison where he belongs for the complete lack of regard and remorse he has shown.”

Sgt Longstaff added:

“The sentence handed to Khan demonstrates our determination to ensure that those who use Surrey’s roads dangerously and irresponsibly and put the lives of others at risk when they get behind the wheel, will be dealt with robustly.”

Continue Reading