Connect with us

News

Appalling dog attack in Tilgate Park, Crawley

Dog left with ear half ripped off.

Published

on

At around 12pm on Tuesday 16th of April an off-the -eash dog, reportedly a Dalmatian, was seen attacking another dog in Tilgate Park.

The owner of Ollie, the dog being attacked, had to intervene and physically drag the Dalmatian off.

According to the owner the lady in charge of the Dalmatian allegedly did nothing but shout its name.

She then apparently said:

‘I’m a professional dog walker, I know what I’m doing’ before walking off with the aggressive dog still off the leash.

Ollie was left with gushing blood from his ear which was half ripped off and his shaken owner rushed him to the vet for emergency treatment.

Ollie is now recovering from the attack.

The police were notified but as there was no information on who the lady was, no further action could be taken.

A Facebook appeal for information was started by Tilgate Councillor Francis Guidera the following morning and someone has already come forward with information which may be very helpful and will be passed on to the police.

Ollie’s owners, as if the distress of this experience wasn’t enough, were left with a £1000 bill leaving them with a sizeable excess to pay for the treatment which is ongoing due to the severity of poor Ollie’s injury.

Cllr Guidera said:

“I am absolutely disgusted by this. We have a dog and I can only imagine how distressing this must have been for Ollie and for his owners. Dogs are treated as part of the family and responsible dog walkers are very welcome in Tilgate Park. Irresponsible dog walkers, however, are absolutely not. If someone cannot control a dog, why on earth would they let it off the leash in what is likely the most popular public park in Sussex?”

News

BREAKING NEWS: Hard shoulder could return to M23

Published

on

In a shocking turn a meeting with the Transport Secretary Grant Shapp with Crawley’s MP Henry Smith has revealed that the proposed new ‘Smart Motorway’ could be reverted back to a three lane plus hard shoulder one.

Meeting with the Transport Secretary and the Roads Minister Baroness Vere, Mr Smith expressed his concerns over the safety and construction period disruptions occuring on the M23.

It comes only a week after the Crawley MP raised the issue in the House Of Commons.

But in a meeting today the Transport Secretary revealed that an urgent review which is currently being undertaken could lead to the reinstatement of the hard shoulder along the M23.

Mr Smith said:

“I was pleased to hear the Transport Secretary give assurances that the works on the M23 will be expedited so there will not be another six month delay. I was also assured that the ongoing works will also take account of the review and if that means reinstating the hard shoulder or adding extra refuges and signage I would support it.”

Speaking exclusively to CN24 Mr Smith said that he had been assured that a decision on Smart Motorways would be made before the M23 works finished allowing whatever decision made on them to be implemented straight away.

The news will have a mixed reaction to the many commuters who use the M23 every day and have had to endure long queues.

But if the hard shoulder returns it will open new questions over the huge expense that many will see having been a waste of money.

Continue Reading

Trending