Connect with us

Horsham

67-year-old local man dies after van collides with tree

Published

on

Police are appealing for witnesses after a man died in a collision near Horsham.

Around 4.20pm on Saturday (March 28), a white Ford Transit van towing a trailer left the A29 Bognor Road carriageway, just west of Horsham, near to the junction of Rowhook Road. 

The van collided with a tree and the driver – a 67-year-old local man – was sadly pronounced dead at the scene. 

Police would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or who may have seen the vehicle prior to the collision, or anyone who may have any relevant dash cam footage. 

Anyone with any information is asked to email collision.appeal@sussex.pnn.police.uk quoting Operation Dial.

Horsham

‘Time to move out of here’ residents reaction as Horsham incinerator is given go ahead

Published

on

Yesterday the plans which have been very controversial for local residents were finally approved by a planning inspector.

Despite huge opposition from residents the planning inspector Ian Jenkins announced that the incinerator had been given the go ahead.

Years of campaigning by businesses and residents against the incinerator have fallen on deaf ears according to one resident who was so angry when he heard the plans were approved and other locals were quick to voice their annoyance.

“Why do they even bother asking us what we think?” said one lady while another said, “That’s it, time to move out of here. It’s a bloody joke!” Both asked to remain anonymous.

The incinerator with it’s towering chimney that many have said will both blight the scenery and also worry people over polution levels will now be built off Langhurstwood Road.

But the planning inspector said that in approving its go ahead the incinerator would make a ‘significant contribution’ to meeting waste needs.

Director of Britainiacrest Recycling, Chris Foss, said:

“We’re delighted with the Inspector’s decision today to grant planning permission to Britaniacrest Recycling’s 3Rs Facility.  This accords with the original 2018 recommendation from planning officers at West Sussex County Council to approve the plans, but sadly this was later refused by planning committee councillors.

“The fact remains that there’s an urgent need in West Sussex and across the south of England for new waste infrastructure. The alternative is for more UK-based landfill sites, which is the least sustainable option for managing non-recyclable waste.

“In the meantime, we will continue to keep local communities and other stakeholders updated on our development plans as we move forward.  Once operational, the 3Rs Facility will sustainably treat non-recyclable waste by using it as a valuable resource to generate electricity and heat to power homes and businesses.”   

Continue Reading

Trending