Connect with us

News

14-year-old girl arrested on suspicion of Three Bridges, Crawley murder

Published

on

A teenage girl has been arrested following the stabbing of a 24-year-old man in Three Bridges, Crawley on Tuesday (27th Oct) evening.

A large cordon had been erected shortly after the stabbing with forensics and a heavy police presence around the scene yesterday.

Police had initially said that the suspect they were looking for was possibly known to the victim as they launched an urgent search.

They also said that they believed the incident was confined to only the two people involved.

Police confirmed that emergency services were called to Russell Way at 9pm on Tuesday where they found the 24-year-old victim seriously injured.

He was treated by paramedics and an air ambulance doctor, but despite the specialist care provided was sadly declared dead at the scene.

An immediate search of the local area was launched but sources say that they had already suspected the individual they sought had left the area.

A 14-year-old girl from Crawley was finally arrested in south London around 10.20pm last night (Wednesday October 28) on suspicion of murder.

A 21-year-old man from London was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

Police cordon around area where a mans body was found off Marion Road, Crawley
Police cordon around area where a mans body was found off Marion Road, Crawley

Meanwhile, another body discovered discovered in woodland off Marion Road, not far from the murder, is still being investigated and police say they are treating it as unexplained at the moment, but added this incident is not being linked to the murder.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to report online or call 101 quoting Operation Parkhead.

News

Police drop investigation in alleged bullying of Oriel High School boy

Published

on

Sussex Police have confirmed they have made the decision to drop an investigation into an incident of alleged bullying.

The investigation was launched following an outcry from concerned residents when a video emerged on social media.

The video has since been taken down from most social media accounts.

Earlier Susses Police had confirmed they had launched an investigation into the incident and were liaising with Oriel High School.

Now it appears their investigation has turned up new information which has led to their decision to drop the police’s involvement and hand it over to the school.

A statement from Sussex Police said:

“Police have investigated the circumstances surrounding a video on social media showing the alleged bullying of a boy by fellow students from Oriel High School in Maidenbower, Crawley.

As a result, the matter has been passed to the school for any action they feel is appropriate.”

Continue Reading

Trending