Connect with us

Crime

Two people attacked with baseball bat in violent Bewbush burglary

The attackers were dressed in black with masks and gloves during the attack in which two people, including a 64-year-old woman, were injured.

Published

on

Police are appealing for information or witnesses after a violent burglary took place in Bewbush, Crawley.

A statement from Sussex Police said they were called at around 11.30pm on Monday (15 October) to Jewel Walk to a report two people had been attacked with a baseball bat.

More news: FREE cinema screenings as Into Film Festival comes to Crawley

A spokesperson for Sussex Police said: “Three men forced their way into the property and demanded money before leaving empty handed.

“A 29-year-old man was taken to East Surrey Hospital with facial injuries and a cut to his head” and “a 64-year-old woman received bruising to her leg and face.”

One of the men was described as black, over 6′, wearing all black and a black leather mask over the mouth/nose and black leather gloves.

The second was black, shorter than the first man, slim, wearing black and same type of mask and white latex surgical gloves.

The third man was a white man, between the other heights of the other men and stockier than both. He was wearing a black woollen balaclava and white latex surgical gloves.

Police said: “Anyone with information or who witnessed anything suspicious is asked to contact police online quoting serial 1355 of 15/10.”

“Alternatively, you can visit the Crimestoppers website or contact the independent charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

Crime

Langley Green man sent to prison after more than £13k drugs found in his home

A Crawley man found with nearly £13,500 worth of drugs in his home has been given a prison sentence.

Published

on

Police conducted a warrant at the address of Matthew Stevens in Dobson Road, Crawley, after reports from members of the public regarding suspicious behaviour in the area was reported.

During the search on 15 July 2016, officers found a quantity of cocaine, spice and drug paraphernalia. Stevens, 44, was then arrested.

He was released under investigation and the Crawley Investigation team began a long and complex analysis of items seized from the address.

Stevens was charged in May 2017 and pleaded not guilty to possession with intent to supply class A (cocaine), possession of a class B and possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance (spice).

He stood trial at Hove Crown Court and on Friday 2 November Stevens was found guilty by a jury and sentenced to a total of four years.

Detective Constable Mark Buckley said:

“Sussex Police work tirelessly to stop the supply of illegal drugs within our community.
“The presiding Judge recognised the severity of Stevens’ actions and imposed a sentence representing that.

“We are conscientiously robustly tackling drug issues in Crawley and urge anyone who notices any suspicious behaviour to report it to us without delay.

“Let’s work together to make Crawley a safe place. No one knows their neighbourhoods better than residents themselves, so please get in touch if something seems out of place.”

You can read police’s advice on how to report issues of drugs here.

Continue Reading

Trending