Connect with us

Crime

16-year-old Crawley boy stabbed in Bewbush

The victim was stabbed in the chest and three teenage boys have been arrested.

Published

on

Police are seeking witnesses after a teenage boy received a stab wound in Crawley.

Three boys have been arrested.

More news: Do you know the signs of the UK’s second biggest killer?

At 6.38pm on Tuesday (10 April) police were called to Dorsten Square, Bewbush, Crawley, after a report that at 16-year-old local boy had been stabbed on open ground nearby.

The boy was taken to St George’s Hospital in South London, where he is being treated for a stab wound to the chest which is assessed as not life-threatening.

More news: Horror after man attacked near Tinsley Green with crowbars and baseball bats

Following a swift police response and searches of the area, three boys, one aged 14 and the other two aged 15, were arrested later the same evening on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. They are currently in custody for interview and further enquiries.

Detective Sergeant Dave Morton said;

“This was an isolated incident for the area and it appears that those involved may be known to each other. Anyone with information is asked to contact Sussex Police online or by calling 101, quoting serial 1032 of 10/04.”

Keep up to date with all the latest news.

Follow us on:

Twitter: @crawleynews24

Facebook: Crawleynews24

listen live

Crime

Crawley murder suspects released on ‘conditional bail’

Police say the two local men have been released on ‘conditional bail’ pending further enquiries.

Published

on

The scene at the property on Warren Drive. (Image taken 12/07/18)

Two men who were arrested in connection with the death of a woman in Ifield, Crawley have been released on ‘conditional bail’.

The two local men, aged 37 and 55, were arrested after emergency services were called to a fire at a flat in Warren Drive about 5.38pm on Wednesday (11 July).

More news: Henry Smith – Why supporting NCS is so important

Emergency services carried out CPR on the 53-year-old woman but despite their best efforts, she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police outside the property on Warren Drive. (Image taken 12/07/18).

A statement from Sussex Police says ‘next of kin have been informed’ and that the woman’s death is being treated as ‘suspicious’. She is yet to be formally identified and the cause of death as not yet been established.

The two men, who were also inside the property when police arrived, were arrested on suspicion of murder. Police say they have both been released on ‘conditional bail until 8 August pending further enquiries.’

More on this story: Two arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in Crawley fire

The fire is believed to have occurred in a bedroom on the first floor of the premises and was contained to that room.

Sussex Police said:

“The investigation continues and there are no further details available at this stage.

“Anyone with any information is asked to report it online or call 101 quoting Operation Brevis.

“Alternatively, you can visit the Crimestoppers website or contact the independent charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Keep up to date with all the latest news.

Follow us on:

Twitter: @crawleynews24

Facebook: Crawleynews24

listen live

Continue Reading

Trending